The Tournament Director Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 09:27:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
18408 Posts in 3387 Topics by 1662 Members
Latest Member: entertainman60
Back to The Tournament Director main site
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Tournament Director Forums
|-+  Main
| |-+  Templates, Layouts and Sounds
| | |-+  The WSOP Layout
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The WSOP Layout  (Read 6902 times)
korinkinchen

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:04:52 AM »

Here is a beta version of The Layout on at the WSOP based on homepokertourney.com.  I'm a beginner so constructive remarks only.  Grin  I used effective blank space technology the create the right feel.

See: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=386.0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 02:21:02 PM by Corey Cooper » Logged
DanielReilly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »

I would have a look and see what its like only i cant open it. What program do you use to open it?

-dreilly-
CanopicJar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:56:29 AM »

None of the images are attached to the layout file.  You should post some screen captures so we can see how it really looks.

Travis

CanopicJar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »

To do a screen capture, hit your print screen button.  Then go to accessories and open Microsoft Paint.  Once open, hit ctrl-v and your screen capture will be pasted onto the blank paint screen.  Save it as a jpg and there you have it.

-Travis

bneumann

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »

HI nice design how did you add the buttons for the rounds on the layout screen

can anyone explain how to do this

thank you

Brian
Corey Cooper
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »

bneumann: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq16

korinkinchen: One thing that bugs me that I've never gotten to work quite right is the border around the "table" when using the <tables> token.   It's there, but for some reason IE squeezes the top side of the border out of view.  To fix it, set the "Padding" value of the cell to 2.  This will add a few pixels to the total height of the cell, so you might not want to do this if space is at a premium.
SteveO

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »

Here is a what you need to complete the WSOP Layout.  How about the WSOP theme songs and commercial break sounds!  Grin

I found them here -

http://www.freewebs.com/dmpc/music.htm

The songs were in a .mwa format, but you can change them to a .wav with most audio converters.  Then it can be used in TD. 

Since I have already done that, I am attaching the .wav files.  I also threw in the Heartland Poker Tour theme from http://www.heartlandpokertour.com/media.php.
Jarmy

Maybe poker's not your game.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »

Corey,

Adding buttons to your layout is a great way to enhance TD.  How do you put the buttons side by side at the bottom of the layout.  Mine are adding on top of each other?
Corey Cooper
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »

There are several ways to do this.  You can place the buttons within a <nobr></nobr> HTML tag to prevent the renderer from placing the buttons on different horizontal lines.  Load up the layout "BlackAndGreenWithButtons.tlo" and look in the "Controls" cell.  Here's part of it:
Code:
<nobr>
<tdbutton type="previousround" text="Round -" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="nextround" text="Round +" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="addplayers" text="+ Player" inheritFont="true">
</nobr>

You could also put each button in its own cell of an HTML table:
Code:
<table border=0>
<tr>
<td>
<tdbutton type="previousround" text="Round -" inheritFont="true">
</td>
<td>
<tdbutton type="nextround" text="Round +" inheritFont="true">
</td>
<td>
<tdbutton type="addplayers" text="+ Player" inheritFont="true">
</tr>
</table>
Jarmy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

Thanks Corey!  That was pretty easy. 

I think your "bustedout" token should be "bustout".  I could not get my "Bust Out Player" button to work with the "bustedout" token, so I decided to try "bustout" instead and that seemed to fix the problem.  I am not too keen on HTML..... how can I darken up the font?  I see you have your example set to "true".  What are some other choices?   
Corey Cooper
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »

Not sure what you mean about bustedout vs bustout...

The "inheritFont" attribute of the <tdbutton> token allows the button to inherit font settings (font name, size, italics, bold, etc) from the cell in which the button is placed.  There is also a "style" attribute which allows you to apply any HTML style.

For layout cells, just use the various settings of a cell Property Set to change the font appearance.  If you want to go beyond that, you'll have to learn a little bit of HTML.  But there are tons of HTML tutorials available on the internet.
Jarmy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »

I may be way off here, but I thought I understood it.   Huh  When I create a button, I have to use some type of code to tell the button what to do when it is pressed.  For example, in the code example you gave me a few posts ago, the stuff in between the fist set of " " tells the button what to do.  I hit your drop down list of tokens to give me the code for the buttons I wanted:   Add Round ("nextround"), Rebuy ("rebuy"), etc.  Your drop down list has "bustedout" for Busting out a player I would assume.  When I used this code for my button, it didn't do anything when I pressed it.  I had to type in "bustout" instead.  Does that make any sense, or am I way off base?
Corey Cooper
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 09:18:27 AM »

Well, it certainly sounds like something I'd fudge up, but I don't see that.  Using the "Insert Token" feature, the "type" drop-down for <tdbutton> token lists "bustout", not "bustedout".  I went back through a few versions and it looks like it has always been this way.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with the <bustedout> token, which lists how many players have busted out of the tournament?
Jarmy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

That is exactly what I was doing.   Undecided  I was confusing the "bustedout" token with the "type" function of the <tdbutton>.  Sorry for the mess up!  Thanks for the help!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: