Author Topic: Display management ?  (Read 3767 times)

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
Re: Display management ?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2023, 01:47:54 PM »
Extra video explanation:

Why cant i highlight and overwrite “1” ????

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
This is how it work from the old version, much easier and eliminates possible errors

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2023, 04:31:12 PM »
Great. Thx

Now i updated in the Club…. And it keeps cycling tru 3 Windows :

How do i disable that ?

This is the default behavior of certain layouts.  If you don't want it to cycle through the different screens, you can either use another layout, or just disable the screen cycling.  You can find instructions in this Tournament Director FAQ entry: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq25

But the relevant options are to either:

1. Lock the screen when the screen you wish to see is displayed. You can lock the screen by pressing Ctrl+L. Use Ctrl+L to unlock the screen after it has been locked.

or

2. Remove the additional screens from the layout's screen sets. On the Layout tab, press the Screen Sets button. On the Screen Sets dialog, delete all of the screen sets except for the Default screen set. Then, delete each screen from the Default screen set that you do not wish to be displayed.

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 07:19:09 AM »
This is how it work from the old version, much easier and eliminates possible errors

Can you help with this One ? 😊

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 09:43:54 AM »
And why cant i write it easy ??

On any window with a table view where the rows have checkboxes, like the Buy-in Players window, or the Bust Players out window, or the Add-on Players or Rebuy Players window in your video, clicking anywhere on the highlighted line will toggle the checkbox.  This is a convenience feature.  That window is slightly different because it also has a numeric input for the Quantity, which is only enabled when the checkbox is checked.  So if the checkbox is not checked, the input is disabled and you can't select it or edit it.

The TD is coded specifically so that clicking within the input won't toggle the checkbox.  It would be very annoying if simply clicking in the input so that it has focus so you can change the quantity toggled the checkbox off, which in turn disabled the input.  But that is exactly what is happening in your video.

From what I can see technically, pressing your mouse button down on the input, then moving your mouse outside of the input but leaving it on the same row, and then releasing your mouse generates an event that amounts to a click on the row.  So the new framework is handling this type of action differently than the old one.  I'll have to investigate it a little further in order to see how to fix it.  Definitely a bug.

Thanks for posting this, and thanks for the video.  Video is very helpful in identifying an issue quickly.  Until I can fix it I suggest simply clicking in the input and using the DEL key to delete the current value, or double-clicking the value in the input to select it instead.

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2023, 07:17:22 PM »
You Are welcome 😊

And thanks for fast reply’s

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2023, 07:58:30 PM »
When i have the screenlayout i Want, How do i set it as default layout ?

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2023, 08:00:07 PM »
Great. Thx

Now i updated in the Club…. And it keeps cycling tru 3 Windows :

How do i disable that ?

I updated from 3.4.3 version

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2023, 08:28:52 PM »

Preferences tab -> Config Files button -> Default Layout

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2023, 10:01:04 AM »

Preferences tab -> Config Files button -> Default Layout

That i would never have Found in a million years 😂😂😂😂. Why not just an option under layout that says “set current layout as default” and maybe and sub option “Force layout” etc

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2023, 01:31:07 PM »
If you create a new layout by pressing the "New" button, you'll see the option.  But the "set current layout as default" suggestion is a good one.  It would probably be a good option for rounds, prizes, tables, events, and chips (and rules, if anyone still actually uses that), as well as layout.

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2023, 12:31:46 PM »
Why do i suddenly have 2 identical of this player ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2023, 09:43:43 PM »

The player in normal type is in your player database.  The one in italics is not, and was most likely added to the tournament manually (added as a new player).  Since that player hasn't yet bought-in, you can probably just delete them from the tournament.

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2023, 10:45:14 AM »

The player in normal type is in your player database.  The one in italics is not, and was most likely added to the tournament manually (added as a new player).  Since that player hasn't yet bought-in, you can probably just delete them from the tournament.

So delete the one in italic ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2023, 09:59:10 AM »

So delete the one in italic ?

Correct.