Author Topic: 2 Questions - Tables Tab Display & Custom Layout  (Read 2882 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
2 Questions - Tables Tab Display & Custom Layout
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:09:40 AM »
I have 2 different questions.

1. On the Tables tab if I have the screen Maximized and I right click on an unseated player to randomly seat them, the dialog box is halfway off of the screen and I cant read all of the text in the options window. Can the dialog box that pops open be moved to the left so that it is fully visible when the screen is maximized? This is more of a suggestion...

2. On the Layout Tab I created a Custom Screen Control, I selected HTML as type. The screen displays and works fine but in the upper left corner in small text it is pulling info from the Game Tab, specifically what is in the Event Name box. Is there a way to remove this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Questions - Tables Tab Display & Custom Layout
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »
I have 2 different questions.

1. On the Tables tab if I have the screen Maximized and I right click on an unseated player to randomly seat them, the dialog box is halfway off of the screen and I cant read all of the text in the options window. Can the dialog box that pops open be moved to the left so that it is fully visible when the screen is maximized? This is more of a suggestion...

Settings window -> Preferences tab -> Display Management category

Take a look in the Dialogs section on the right.  Dialogs either open centered over a window or on a display, or at the last place they opened.

Actually, now that I think about this, I think you're probably referring to the context menu.  I can't remember exactly when Microsoft changed this (might have been IE10), but pop-ups used to always open fully on-screen automatically, but now they can open partly or fully offscreen.  Unfortunately the TD has little control over this.  To compensate, I made the mouse scroll wheel "rotate" the context menu, so you can always move it back on-screen.  So right-click on the player to move, and if the context menu opens partially off-screen, make sure the mouse is positioned over part of it and scroll the mouse wheel.  The context menu should move.  It only works when the mouse is over the menu.  So you can't just sit there and scroll the wheel and have it rotate all the way around, because eventually it will rotate out from under the mouse cursor.  You'll have to move the mouse back over the top of the menu to continue rotating it.  Try it to see what I mean.

2. On the Layout Tab I created a Custom Screen Control, I selected HTML as type. The screen displays and works fine but in the upper left corner in small text it is pulling info from the Game Tab, specifically what is in the Event Name box. Is there a way to remove this?

Thanks,

Chuck

HTML screens only show what you've defined in the HTML.  If you're seeing the event name, there must be a token <title> or <eventName> in there somewhere.  Take it out.  Or post your HTML and I'll take a look.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 11:29:18 PM »
Thanks Corey!

1. Scrolling the mouse takes care of the problem

2. One of the default tags that Dreamweaver puts in an HTML document is <title></title> . It's not used in this case so I removed it and all is good.

Thanks,

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »
2. One of the default tags that Dreamweaver puts in an HTML document is <title></title> . It's not used in this case so I removed it and all is good.

That's the one Tournament Director layout "token" that I accidentally created the same as an already existing HTML tag.  Wasn't a problem until the TD allowed full HTML pages for layout screens (version 3.2).  In 3.1 I added <eventName> as an alias to <title>.  In 3.2 I deprecated <title> to signal to stop using it.  It still works for now, but I will remove it eventually and this won't be a problem anymore.