Author Topic: Adding "AI" to blind intervals  (Read 3053 times)

Carlavatky

• View Profile
Adding "AI" to blind intervals
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »
Might be a cool idea to have the system evaluate players left in the tournament against a hard stop. In other words if I wanted the game to end at midnight, the system could make some evaluations to speed up the blind schedules accordingly. perhaps the last 6 levels get changed from 20 minute level to 15 minute levels and then is evaluated again after 3 more level turns?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding "AI" to blind intervals
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 12:36:33 PM »
Yeah, I have to admit this is one of my weak points.  As demonstrated by the blinds suggestion tool.  It is based on the common axiom that the tournament will end soon after the small blind (or is it the big blind?) reaches the starting chips value.  But the schedule it creates almost always needs some good solid tweaking.

Regardless of whether or not this is within my ability, it's a great suggestion that I have not heard before.  I'll put it on my list and give it some thought.

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
You are correct in that your tool will get close but usually takes some thought and tweaking to get the progression mathematics to even out.

I use a spreadsheet to help me make a determination of a factor of patience and skillet based on the round progression and chipstack that is really helpful. Maybe something that indicates the "quality" of the current progression might also be cool. Happy to send you the spreadsheet for reference if you like...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »
Sure, that would be great.  I typically add references to my notes, and that sounds like a good one.

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
Sent via the support email

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:33 PM »
Got it, thanks!