Author Topic: Stats not showing  (Read 1366 times)

Diablo

• View Profile
Stats not showing
« on: January 28, 2023, 08:45:47 AM »
Hi,

I have a bunch of tourneys saved from a long time ago (version 2.2 and 3.1) I have latest version now.
However if I load these tourneys in the stats tab, nothing is shown and although the tourneys get loaded correctly and shows there are players (using info), it says that database players are 0. (see attached screenshot)
The weird thing is all players are actually in the database.

I made a separate sub folder and profile specifically for this subfolder, and I tried just using default so it just takes everything but nothing seems to work.

No filters are set in the profile.

Any help would be apricated.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:25:08 AM by Diablo »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stats not showing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 11:46:03 PM »
Without being able to see your tournaments it's only going to be a guess, but that guess would be that although it appears you have players in your database that "match" the players in your tournament(s), they are in fact different players.  Under the covers each player has a unique identifier.  This is how players in your database get correlated with players in individual tournaments, which are saved in individual files on not in an actual database.  If you load a tournament, then visit the Database tab, players in your database that are also in the currently loaded tournament are displayed in red.  Do you see this on the database tab?

There are a couple of ways to fix this, depending on your situation.

One way to fix it is to simply wipe out your database and then import players from one (or all) of your tournaments.  To do this, load each tournament one-by-one.  After loading a tournament, go to the Players tab and press the Database button, then press the "Add to the database players in your current tournament" button.  If it turns out the players in each of your tournaments have the same internal ID then this should be really straightforward and you won't end up with any duplicate players (the TD will warn you if importing a player would result in a duplicate).

Another way to fix this is to again load each tournament one-by-one (don't wipe out your database this time).  Then after loading each tournament, press the Database button on the Players tab again, but then press the "Merge players in your current tournament with players in the database" button.  This is similar to adding players from the tournament to your database, but instead you're going to "merge" players.  That is, for each player in the tournament you need to match them up with the same player in the database.  This won't actually "merge" them, but rather sets the internal ID of the player in the tournament to be the same as the corresponding player in the database, which effectively makes the player in the tournament the same as the player in the database.  Then save the tournament.  If the players in each saved tournament are different (with different internal IDs as the same player in the database as well as the same player in other tournaments), this will likely be your only option.

Hopefully (and probably) you'll be able to get by with just the first method above, but you may need to use a combination of the 2 methods to get everyone properly into the DB.

First though make a backup of everything.  You can do this on the Database tab.  Press the Backup button, check every box, press OK and choose a filename.  Honestly, you only need to backup the database and tournaments, since that's all you'll be modifying, but unless you have some big media files in those folders you can check every box and and it won't make the backup much bigger or take longer.  Backup is really easy and fast, and when you have a backup you can start over if you mess up, as many times as you like.

To delete your database you just need to delete or rename the database folder.  Quickest way to do this is from the TD: from just about anywhere press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V to open the System Info window.  Look for the row DB Folder, right-click on it and select "Explore folder".  That should open Windows File Explorer.  Click the up arrow next to the folder location at the top.  You should then see a list of folders: db, images, receipts, saves, sounds, templates... Just select db and rename it (press F2) or delete it.  Exit the TD and restart it.  A new database folder will be created automatically.

Diablo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 03:40:18 PM »
Awesome, thank you very much for the reply.
I will have to use method 2 I think, and unfortunately there are a lot of older tourney's but it should be doable.

I'll let you know the result.

Diablo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 05:44:19 PM »
Awesome, it worked. TY very much.
Was quite a bit of work. :) but worth it.