Author Topic: No "Hit" on a person...can it be done?  (Read 1201 times)

itguy11

• View Profile
No "Hit" on a person...can it be done?
« on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »
Format for my league for reference. 18 dedicated players per season. Costs per each league night is $100 ($70 for nightly prize, $30 towards championship game). Each player is obligated to the $30, whether they show or not.
Points are added by 1pt per hit, and 1pt per position (18th place gets 1pt, 17th place 2pts, all the way up to 1st place getting 18pts).

I see two options of how to handle someone not showing...does anyone have a better way?

First Option...Add the no show players to tournament, $0 buy in to keep nightly prize pool correct, and edit the player so he gets 0 points for the night instead of the typical 1pt for last place.
The problem with this option is how do I knock the player out of tournament without someone being named the hitman and getting an extra point for the "hit"?

Second Option...if I don't add them to the tournament for that night, I would manually edit each player so that the points would be correct. In other words, if 1 player doesn't show, he will not be put into the tournament and will get 0pts, but the person knocked out next, 17th place, will still gets 2pts. So I would have to edit every player to correct pts once tournament is over.

This should work well but is there a better way?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No "Hit" on a person...can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 12:46:28 PM »
First Option...Add the no show players to tournament, $0 buy in to keep nightly prize pool correct, and edit the player so he gets 0 points for the night instead of the typical 1pt for last place.
The problem with this option is how do I knock the player out of tournament without someone being named the hitman and getting an extra point for the "hit"?

You are not required to select a hitman when knocking a player out.  The TD will warn/ask you about it, but you can decline to assign a hitman.
Second Option...if I don't add them to the tournament for that night, I would manually edit each player so that the points would be correct. In other words, if 1 player doesn't show, he will not be put into the tournament and will get 0pts, but the person knocked out next, 17th place, will still gets 2pts. So I would have to edit every player to correct pts once tournament is over.

Your formula is likely very simple, either n - r + 1 or just position.  Both give the same result: one point to the first player knocked out, two to the next player knocked out, etc.  It should be easy to adjust to get the points correct without having to adjust individual player's points.  Per your example, if one player doesn't show then the first player knocked out will get 1 point, but should get 2 points.  So change the formula to n - r + 2 or position + 1.