Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 3  (Read 23185 times)

benswan

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 3
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »
Off topic slightly.  Do you have a list of feature enhancements for version 3.7?  I am currently running version 3.4.3.  We are in the middle of a season so I don't want to jump to the 3.7 beta in the middle, unless there is a big reason to do so.  Our season is over in June and I will update then.

Excited to see new features!!

Love the product.

jrwilson1946

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 05:23:19 PM »
Hi Corey,

Within the TABLE SECTION, I lock some players to a seat location because of disability issues.

When I click on the COMPRESS SEATING button, not only are normal players moved but my locked in players are moved as well.

I do not recall this happening in previous versions. 

Regards,
Jerome Wilson
Jerome R. Wilson

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
Off topic slightly.  Do you have a list of feature enhancements for version 3.7?  I am currently running version 3.4.3.  We are in the middle of a season so I don't want to jump to the 3.7 beta in the middle, unless there is a big reason to do so.  Our season is over in June and I will update then.

Excited to see new features!!

Love the product.

Here's the relevant part of the changes.txt file.  There are a few new features, but this version is mainly to fix outstanding issues and put the software on a better, more stable, more modern framework.

Version 3.7 BETA 3
======================================================================
This version contains fixes to issues discovered in version 3.7 beta 2, and a few other items.

- Printing only works when the Default printer is selected.  This is an Electron bug.  A warning has been
  added to the Printing category on the Preferences tab.
- BUG fixed: Event actions that run a program don't work.
- BUG fixed: "Disabled" checkbox on Events tab is ignored.
- BUG fixed: Auto-seat at buy-in randomly seats players and then the Balance Tables dialog is immediately opened.
- BUG fixed: On Add Players to Tournament dialog, already added players are disabled but don't look disabled.
- BUG fixed: On player dialogs, there's no visible indicator of focus on checkboxes.
- BUG fixed: In layouts, iframes that reference a web site cause an error "Blocked a frame with origin "file://" from
  accessing a cross-origin frame."
- BUG fixed: Inserting a line break in button text on the Controls tab causes the buttons to bleed over other buttons
  or the section outline.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: ContextMenu.Instance.hide is not a function" reported.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: this.gleanValue(...) is not a function" when viewing receipt from history item in Game Player
  dialog.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: this.updateUnseatedPlayersForm is not a function" when dragging a player to another seat.
- BUG fixed: Error when trying to backup or restore data.
- BUG fixed: "ReferenceError: theEligible is not defined" when choosing to rebuy a player immediately after busting out.
- BUG fixed: Error at startup if default tournament is not a tournament file or is a corrupted file.

Version 3.7 BETA 2
This version contains fixes to issues discovered in version 3.7 beta 1, and a few other items.

- On some PCs, when a window is closed, the parent window doesn't regain focus.
- "ReferenceError: theScreenName is not defined" when changing the Toolbox "Show" selection on the Layout tab.
- Layout preview text doesn't resize with application font size (this is actually a bug going back to version 3.4).
- On the Token Builder dialog, pressing the font button opens 2 font dialogs.
- On the Token Builder dialog, pressing the image button opens 2 file selection dialogs.
- Changed behavior when busting a player out so that the option to rebuy the player always appears if rebuys are
  enabled, even if the busted player is ineligible for a rebuy, so the that user may override the player's
  ineligibility if desired.  Makes for a more consistent experience.
- "TypeError: Cannot read property 'Success' of undefined" when clicking Auto-save and the tournament does not yet have
  a file name.
- "TypeError: Cannot read property 'size' of undefined" when changing tabs or performing other actions (I've been
  unable to reproduce this one, but I think I made a fix that should prevent the issue).
- Fixed some hotkey and context menu issues when layout cells contain iframes.
- Typing a player's name in a dialog with a list of player names (buy-in, bust-out, etc) doesn't jump to the first
  player with that name.
- PokerDIY export incorrectly formatted the year.
- "Auto-size screen" dialog sized itself incorrectly.
- "TypeError: thePref.deleteMany is not a function" when deleting a saved columns configuration.
- Layout tokens:
  - <stats> "spacing" attribute doesn't work.
  - <rankings> "spacing" attribute doesn't work.
  - <chipleaders> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <chips> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <playernames> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <tdbutton> multiple styling issues.
  - <seatinglist> font attributes aren't applied.
- Enabled font shadow on all layout tokens that have a font attribute.

Version 3.7 BETA 1
This is a huge update that involved completely refactoring the entire application to run on a new, more modern
framework.  This should get rid of a lot of old, outdated dependencies (and problems) and bring more stability, speed,
and possibilities.  The software is no longer dependent on Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player.  Administrator
permissions are no longer required.  No more problems displaying file selection windows.  And no more "out of memory"
errors.  Although this release is mainly about transitioning to the new framework, there are a few new features.  In
addition to the features listed below, there are many user interface changes you'll find throughout the application,
as well as various bugs fixed.

- Full-screen mode can be toggled at any time.  Press F11 (Settings window must be closed).  Or right-click and select
  "Full screen".
- No longer need to configure the application to know about your extended/multiple displays.
- HTML5/CSS3 can now be used in layouts, including color alpha channel (transparency/opacity), transitions, and
  animations.
- 18 new screen transitions.
- Headers/footers removed from printed items (previously these had to be disabled outside of the TD application in
  Internet Explorer options).
- Direct selection of printer for receipts.  Separate printer selection for other items.
- Windows screen saver disabled while application runs.
- Numerous bugs fixed.
- Lots of UI improvements throughout the application.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Known issues:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- There is no evaluation mode at this time.  It will be completed in time for the final release version.
- No color picker at this time.  Colors must be entered using hex or rgba format.  For example, #ff0000 for red.  Or
  rgba(255, 0, 0).  Alpha channels may also be included.  #ff000080 for red at 50% opacity, or rgba(255, 0, 0, 0.5).
- No font picker at this time.  The font selector lists only the default fonts that are installed with Windows.  It
  does not display any additional fonts you may have installed on your system.  But you can still use any installed
  font.  You just need to type the name of the font yourself.
- Language packs can be used, but they must be manually installed.  The next beta version will have an method for
  installing them.
- Whenever any dialog window is closed, the last focused window outside of the TD application is redrawn.  If the TD
  window is over that window, the TD window will appear to flicker.  The workaround is to make sure to either have no
  other applications open, or at least make sure the last focused application window isn't underneath your TD window.
- When the Game window is in full screen mode, the window's title bar may briefly become visible any time another
  dialog window is opened or closed.  If the Game window is on your main display, the Windows taskbar may also briefly
  become visible.  It is recommended to put the Game window on an extended display.
- Text rotation in the layout currently doesn't work.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 09:17:16 AM »
Hi Corey,

Within the TABLE SECTION, I lock some players to a seat location because of disability issues.

When I click on the COMPRESS SEATING button, not only are normal players moved but my locked in players are moved as well.

I do not recall this happening in previous versions. 

Regards,
Jerome Wilson

It does happen in previous versions.  At first glance it seems like locked players shouldn't move.  But there are some considerations to keep in mind.  As compressing seating is a deliberate action (as opposed to table balancing resulting from a player being knocked out), moving the locked players might be intentional.  Also, not moving locked players when compressing seating can change seating order, which can affect how soon someone may have to pay the blinds.  I will have to give it some thought.

What are your thoughts?

benswan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2019, 07:29:24 PM »
Thanks Cory!!  I love the program.  Thank you for all the work you do.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2019, 08:54:24 PM »
Hey Corey,

I'm playing with status updates using JSON and everything looks good except for 2 of the players points did not round to 2 decimal places. Don't know if this is a bug or not?
I'm still working on inserting some java to convert the BustOut Time to 12hr format, but other than that I'm pretty happy.

Take a look at my status page here: seitz333.com/LiveTourney/TournamentStatus.html

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2019, 10:29:10 PM »
Hey Corey,

I'm playing with status updates using JSON and everything looks good except for 2 of the players points did not round to 2 decimal places. Don't know if this is a bug or not?
I'm still working on inserting some java to convert the BustOut Time to 12hr format, but other than that I'm pretty happy.

Take a look at my status page here: seitz333.com/LiveTourney/TournamentStatus.html

Nice!  I love seeing stuff like this.

FYI, you're getting raw data in the Status Updates, so the preference "Points precision" doesn't apply.  You'll need to modify it yourself.  For a precision of 2, just multiple the value by 100, round it off, then divide it by 100.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »

Nice!  I love seeing stuff like this.

FYI, you're getting raw data in the Status Updates, so the preference "Points precision" doesn't apply.  You'll need to modify it yourself.  For a precision of 2, just multiple the value by 100, round it off, then divide it by 100.

Thanks Corey, for the rest of the website I export the tourney data from the Players tab (CSV) when the tourney is finished then import the CSV file into a MySQL database. All of the data on the website is dynamically generated from the MySQL database. Much easier than trying to maintain everything with static web pages.

Chuck

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
Hi Corey,

Well done once again on all your hard work.

Think I have found an issue, on startup I can't get passed initialising, I believe because I don't have a tournament default specified (I keep it blank) once I wen't back to 3.4.3 and specified a tournament 3.7b3 loaded no problem.

Stu
Stuart Murray

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »
another minor bug (I think)  using the abstract layout as the example, the final table seating chart token won't align the token anywhere bar left of cell.

Also Font Colour picker not functioning when editing layout cells.

Stu
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:37:14 AM by Stuart Murray »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
Hi Corey,

Well done once again on all your hard work.

Think I have found an issue, on startup I can't get passed initialising, I believe because I don't have a tournament default specified (I keep it blank) once I wen't back to 3.4.3 and specified a tournament 3.7b3 loaded no problem.

Stu

Thanks Stu!

So there was an issue related to this in beta 2, but beta 3 has a fix for it.  An error would occur on startup if the specified default tournament was corrupted or simply wasn't a tournament file.  That was fixed in beta 3.  But not setting a default tournament doesn't cause an issue in any beta version, as far as I know (there is no default tournament when you first install the application).  Any idea what the error message you were getting was?  I assume you got an error and either the application exited or just stopped during the initialization phase and didn't continue.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2019, 03:00:44 PM »
another minor bug (I think)  using the abstract layout as the example, the final table seating chart token won't align the token anywhere bar left of cell.

Also Font Colour picker not functioning when editing layout cells.

Stu

I think I might know what you mean.  Try changing your <seatingChart> token to this:

<div style="display: inline-block"><seatingChart></div>

Neither the color picker and font picker work as of beta 3.  The color picker does work in beta 4 (about to post beta 4 now) but it's not done yet.  But you have access to the same color picker that earlier versions can access - it just doesn't do alpha channel.  The font picker is still not available in beta 4.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »
I assume you got an error and either the application exited or just stopped during the initialisation phase and didn't continue.

The default Tournament in config files is/was empty (no file specified) I got to Initialising, the scroll bar completed and then nothing.  I then went into 3.4.3 specified a file and 3.7b3 loaded without issue.

So downloaded B4, and have same issue, I cleared the default tournament in config files, leaving only default events, layout and chips fields with a filename in them, closed TD down, restarted and got to Initialising 100% on the scroll bar, No File Name appeared in the status bar and then nothing.

Cheers
Stu
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 04:06:49 PM by Stuart Murray »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2019, 06:29:46 PM »
Hmm, that's strange.  Mine doesn't have any Default Tournament configured.  It looks like this:

Can you reproduce this and send me your prefs.sav file (before you fix it)?  Maybe I can reproduce it that way and see what's going on.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2020, 07:05:44 AM »
Have sent prefs.sav to your support email Corey.

Stu
Stuart Murray