Author Topic: Player Images  (Read 3593 times)

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
Player Images
« on: February 28, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
I like the new option of the round player images displayed  :)
Seems when I add a player image all I can do is use the entire image. Most of my player images are images of them at the table and sometimes with other players in the same image. Is it, or could it be, possible to load player images and be able to zoom, and/or move the image around to only use the part of the image I want? Currently I have to take all my player images and resize/crop them in another app.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player Images
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 02:48:01 PM »
I do have it on my list for a future version to be able to at least zoom and slide the image around to show the part you want.  I would also like to add the ability to utilize your webcam to take pictures right from the app.  Beyond that I think an image/photo application is more appropriate.

JCalamis

• View Profile
Re: Player Images - Seating Chart
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »
When printing a seating chart,

It automatically prints to the default printer and doesn't open a print dialog box to allow printer selection
    When I print as a PDF file with images, some images are blocked out in whole or part, or some are no longer centered in circle. (see attached)
        When viewing the players screen, no photo is blocked out, but many are no longer centered and none fill the entire circle

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 10:50:53 PM »
When printing a seating chart,

It automatically prints to the default printer and doesn't open a print dialog box to allow printer selection
    When I print as a PDF file with images, some images are blocked out in whole or part, or some are no longer centered in circle. (see attached)
        When viewing the players screen, no photo is blocked out, but many are no longer centered and none fill the entire circle

There's a pretty prominent disclaimer on the Printing Preferences section about a bug in the printer selection.  It's an Electron bug, so I can't fix it until the Electron devs fix it.  There are quite a few printing issues, many of which have by now been fixed by the Electron devs.  To get them, the TD will have to upgrade to a later version of Electron.  That is coming but will take some time.

As for the Print dialog box not opening, you need to have the preference "Show system print dialog" checked on the Printer Preferences.  That should work (I just tested it, it works).  That can work around the bug that printing only works from the Default printer.

How do you print as a PDF file?  The TD does not have this option.

JCalamis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 06:47:43 AM »
I use https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-lite so that I can print to a PDF from any software.  It sets up a virtual PDF printer.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »
Do you have the same issue with images when you print straight to an actual printer?  The PDF virtual printer could be the issue.