Author Topic: Help with excel formula's  (Read 2445 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
Help with excel formula's
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:04:51 AM »
Not sure if anyone can help here, but i seem to be going round in circles here and getting  nowhere fast
What i'm looking at is setting up a poker league that runs for the whole of the year, around 46-48 games in the year.
So i'm working on a excel (2007) leaderboard that works all this out for me.

BUT

Only there top 20 scores will count towards the leader board
I have sheet 1 setup with all the weeks and the names of the players, so i can enter this information as we go, and on sheet 2 i have a simple table with player name, games played, average points & total points

What i need is working formula's for

1 - games played
2 - average score (based on there top 20 score's)
3 - total points (working from just there top 20 results)

If it was a simple league with all the points being counted it would be easy, but i need to make it there best 20 scores out of all the games they play, due to the league running for a year and ppl missing games, for holidays & other occassions

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated and can either email me direct at whirlers@blueyonder.co.uk or on here
Thx
Graham

jbruckner

• View Profile
Re: Help with excel formula's
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »
Hi Graham,

A fast walktrough for your problem:

TournamentDirector STATS tab >> TOURNAMENT SCORING >> in the FORMULA field type points >> press OK
TournamentDirector STATS tab >> OVERALL SCORING >> in the OVERALL SCORE1 field type sum(top(20, scores)) >> press OK
on the STATISTICS FILTER window press APPLY
and after STATS tab press REFRESH TOURNEYS

you have to set up correctly the filter and the colums that appear on the stat.
hope this help,
best regards
jbruckner

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »
Thx for the reply
I tried this and i must have done something wrong because i saved 22 results and it still showed all results in the total points section of the score's. Am i using the wrong tab, should it not be total points ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
Total Points is the sum of points for all tournaments that were loaded and filtered.  You want to look in the Overall Score column.