Author Topic: The WSOP Layout  (Read 11953 times)

korinkinchen

• View Profile
The WSOP Layout
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:04:52 AM »
Here is a beta version of The Layout on at the WSOP based on homepokertourney.com.  I'm a beginner so constructive remarks only.  ;D  I used effective blank space technology the create the right feel.

See: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=386.0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 02:21:02 PM by Corey Cooper »

DanielReilly

• View Profile
Re: The WSOP Layout
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »
I would have a look and see what its like only i cant open it. What program do you use to open it?

-dreilly-

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:56:29 AM »
None of the images are attached to the layout file.  You should post some screen captures so we can see how it really looks.

Travis

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »
To do a screen capture, hit your print screen button.  Then go to accessories and open Microsoft Paint.  Once open, hit ctrl-v and your screen capture will be pasted onto the blank paint screen.  Save it as a jpg and there you have it.

-Travis

bneumann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
HI nice design how did you add the buttons for the rounds on the layout screen

can anyone explain how to do this

thank you

Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 10:00:48 PM »
bneumann: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq16

korinkinchen: One thing that bugs me that I've never gotten to work quite right is the border around the "table" when using the <tables> token.   It's there, but for some reason IE squeezes the top side of the border out of view.  To fix it, set the "Padding" value of the cell to 2.  This will add a few pixels to the total height of the cell, so you might not want to do this if space is at a premium.

SteveO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »
Here is a what you need to complete the WSOP Layout.  How about the WSOP theme songs and commercial break sounds!  ;D

I found them here -

http://www.freewebs.com/dmpc/music.htm

The songs were in a .mwa format, but you can change them to a .wav with most audio converters.  Then it can be used in TD. 

Since I have already done that, I am attaching the .wav files.  I also threw in the Heartland Poker Tour theme from http://www.heartlandpokertour.com/media.php.

Jarmy

• Maybe poker's not your game.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
Corey,

Adding buttons to your layout is a great way to enhance TD.  How do you put the buttons side by side at the bottom of the layout.  Mine are adding on top of each other?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
There are several ways to do this.  You can place the buttons within a <nobr></nobr> HTML tag to prevent the renderer from placing the buttons on different horizontal lines.  Load up the layout "BlackAndGreenWithButtons.tlo" and look in the "Controls" cell.  Here's part of it:
Code: [Select]
<nobr>
<tdbutton type="previousround" text="Round -" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="nextround" text="Round +" inheritFont="true">
&nbsp;
<tdbutton type="addplayers" text="+ Player" inheritFont="true">
</nobr>

You could also put each button in its own cell of an HTML table:
Code: [Select]
<table border=0>
<tr>
<td>
<tdbutton type="previousround" text="Round -" inheritFont="true">
</td>
<td>
<tdbutton type="nextround" text="Round +" inheritFont="true">
</td>
<td>
<tdbutton type="addplayers" text="+ Player" inheritFont="true">
</tr>
</table>

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »
Thanks Corey!  That was pretty easy. 

I think your "bustedout" token should be "bustout".  I could not get my "Bust Out Player" button to work with the "bustedout" token, so I decided to try "bustout" instead and that seemed to fix the problem.  I am not too keen on HTML..... how can I darken up the font?  I see you have your example set to "true".  What are some other choices?   

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »
Not sure what you mean about bustedout vs bustout...

The "inheritFont" attribute of the <tdbutton> token allows the button to inherit font settings (font name, size, italics, bold, etc) from the cell in which the button is placed.  There is also a "style" attribute which allows you to apply any HTML style.

For layout cells, just use the various settings of a cell Property Set to change the font appearance.  If you want to go beyond that, you'll have to learn a little bit of HTML.  But there are tons of HTML tutorials available on the internet.

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »
I may be way off here, but I thought I understood it.   ???  When I create a button, I have to use some type of code to tell the button what to do when it is pressed.  For example, in the code example you gave me a few posts ago, the stuff in between the fist set of " " tells the button what to do.  I hit your drop down list of tokens to give me the code for the buttons I wanted:   Add Round ("nextround"), Rebuy ("rebuy"), etc.  Your drop down list has "bustedout" for Busting out a player I would assume.  When I used this code for my button, it didn't do anything when I pressed it.  I had to type in "bustout" instead.  Does that make any sense, or am I way off base?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 09:18:27 AM »
Well, it certainly sounds like something I'd fudge up, but I don't see that.  Using the "Insert Token" feature, the "type" drop-down for <tdbutton> token lists "bustout", not "bustedout".  I went back through a few versions and it looks like it has always been this way.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with the <bustedout> token, which lists how many players have busted out of the tournament?

Jarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »
That is exactly what I was doing.   :-\  I was confusing the "bustedout" token with the "type" function of the <tdbutton>.  Sorry for the mess up!  Thanks for the help!!!