Author Topic: API  (Read 11469 times)

harpiks

• View Profile
API
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
Hi

Have you considered an API so that it would be possible to code your own applications/plugins ?

I would like to make my own app(dynamic webpage) to be able to sit with my phone and select the people that are busted.

Today I have to use teamviewer or VNC. But the screen is not easy to manage - compared to what a simple webpage with basic functions could do.

thlayli

• View Profile
Re: API
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
Agreed 110% !! As someone who runs tournaments while also playing, I would find a mobile, remote interface ideal, so I don't have to get up in the middle of a hand to deal with busting out or rebuying a player.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »
I agree, too!  Seriously, I've always considered this a great idea and would love to implement it, but the framework on which the software is build makes this very difficult (if not impossible).  I've considered various methods and have yet to come up with a viable one, unfortunately.  Should I ever figure out a good way to do this, it will be a high priority.

stephane007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
 :) Wooow, that would be so great.

On my side, I am trying to make an online registration portal, that would interact automatically with my "Tournament.tdt" file. Arrived at poker night time, I would less work to do.. It would be very useful to reduce time spent, making all my repetitive setup, every night.

I saw that your xxxx.tdt file, look like a JSON file format.  any idea, If I could interact inside the file directly, with some JavaScript ?

Best regard's

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:21 AM »
It's similar to JSON, but it isn't.  And sure, you could interact with it in JavaScript, but the format is not documented and ever changing.  You *might* find a JSON parser that could parse it into an object form, or modify one to do so, but it would not be an easy task.

harpiks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 01:43:03 AM »
Hey Corey. Thanks for all the great work done with the new version.

Did you find a way to improve code, so that we could start looking at a way to build an API?
It would be so great to have a listener running on the main host - and I could stay at my table and bust people out from my phone while gaming is running.

Or a card reader with a screen, where people could scan their card - and bust them self out..
I would then have to stand up when someone have to move table or a table closes down.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
It's similar to JSON, but it isn't.  And sure, you could interact with it in JavaScript, but the format is not documented and ever changing.  You *might* find a JSON parser that could parse it into an object form, or modify one to do so, but it would not be an easy task.

I have been trying to understand and parse these for some time. I would be so much happier if there was a doc / resource to the definition of how this format is created/updated. (Or just move to straight JSON) it would certainly make the work I am trying to do simpler.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 04:37:54 PM »

Did you find a way to improve code, so that we could start looking at a way to build an API?
It would be so great to have a listener running on the main host - and I could stay at my table and bust people out from my phone while gaming is running.

Or a card reader with a screen, where people could scan their card - and bust them self out..
I would then have to stand up when someone have to move table or a table closes down.

It's almost certainly possible with version 3.7 since it was built on a different framework.  So it can likely be done.  I actually have this on my list of new features for the next major version, and I'd love to make it happen.  Hopefully I'l be able to.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »

It's almost certainly possible with version 3.7 since it was built on a different framework.  So it can likely be done.  I actually have this on my list of new features for the next major version, and I'd love to make it happen.  Hopefully I'l be able to.

And responding to myself: in my notes I included a few actions for the first pass:
- Start or stop the clock
- Move to next/previous round
- Buy-in player
- Bust-out player
- Add-on player
- Rebuy player

Any thoughts on other functions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 04:43:49 PM »

I have been trying to understand and parse these for some time. I would be so much happier if there was a doc / resource to the definition of how this format is created/updated. (Or just move to straight JSON) it would certainly make the work I am trying to do simpler.

These files were never meant for external consumption, so I would not recommend it.  Have you tried the Status Updates feature on the Preferences tab?  Depending on what you're trying to do, that might be the right place look.  It exports a good amount of tournament information, including player info, to JSON.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 08:26:45 AM »
I have not, and to be honest, I have already written the parser I need for different export formats. What I was hoping to do was just parse the raw tdt file, so I could 'batch' the tasks and avoid needing the program seeing as how the data is already in the singular file... But as you know, I have been on/off this task for quite a while now.

harpiks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 03:06:14 AM »
I have no idea why I never received your answer. Sorry I haven't seen it until now.

The points on your list are exactly what I would love to have in either an app or at least in a api, so we could make our own app.

I can see your update is from back in May. Did you already start working on this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 09:26:10 AM »
Haven't started working on this specifically, but have started working on the next version.  It has been slow going unfortunately, but it's moving along.

harpiks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Hey Corey

All the best wishes from Denmark. Any news on this topic to share?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 08:29:15 PM »
I hate giving this answer, but the truth is there's been no movement on this particular item.  Sorry.  Still on the high priority list though!