Main > Beta Testing

3.7 BETA 1

(1/9) > >>

Corey Cooper:
Finally!

Version 3.7 BETA 1 is finally ready.  Remember it is a beta version, so there will be bugs found.  This is a little different from previous beta versions because there are a few things I know don't work, but they're not crucial to using the application.

OK, some notable things:

- When you install the new version there's no option to choose the installation folder.  This is done so the app does not need any elevated privileges, even at install time.

- Installing this new version will NOT upgrade your existing installed version.  It will install the new version only, with new shortcuts.  So if you currently have version 3.4.3 installed, after installing version 3.7 BETA 1 you will then have both 3.4.3 and 3.7 BETA 1 installed.

- No evaluation mode at this time.  It simply isn't done yet.  So to participate in this first beta you will need a license.

- Take a backup of your data first.  The new version will upgrade preferences, database, etc.  Take a backup so you can roll back to 3.x if you decide to.

I am super excited about this new version.  Please let me know how it works for you!  Reply to this post, create your own new post, or send email to support@thetournamentdirector.net.

Download the new version here:
Edit: Beta 2 is ready: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5931.0

For anyone wondering about the version numbering: based on https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq4 I could not increase the major version from 3 to 4 because there is no significant new functionality.  At the same time, there has been so much change (under the covers) that a change from 3.4.3 -> 3.5 frankly seems dishonest.  Thus I picked the midpoint between 3.4 and 4.0.  Welcome to version 3.7.  :-)

efdenny:
Thanks, Corey... installing now! I'll let you know how it works for me...

Carlavatky:
Installed earlier and spent a few minutes with it. Let it run a simulated tournament for a few hours without any issues so far.

Corey Cooper:
Awesome, thanks for the update!

--- Quote from: Carlavatky on October 13, 2019, 05:23:46 PM ---Installed earlier and spent a few minutes with it. Let it run a simulated tournament for a few hours without any issues so far.

--- End quote ---

lolo02100:
Thanks, Corey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version