Main > Templates, Layouts and Sounds

Announce Break

(1/2) > >>

MotoguzziF91:
Can someone help me
 i would like to create an event that will announce at the end of the level before the breaks (5 breaks and 1 dinner break). I already have an event for each level end
Trigger: the clock ticks
Conditions: (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 6)
Action: Play sound

Corey Cooper:
Add in the "nextIsBreak" variable to distinguish between rounds that are just before a break and all the other rounds.

(state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 6) and nextIsBreak

MotoguzziF91:
I think I did something wrong or didn't understand it. I did it as described above, now the 2 announcements are played together before the breaks

Event 1
Conditions: (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 6)

Event 2
Conditions: (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 9) and nextIsBreak

Corey Cooper:
Your two events trigger at a different time, so one will trigger with 9 seconds left and the other will trigger at 6 seconds left.  Event 1 will trigger at the end of every level, whether it is a round or a break.  Event 2 will only trigger at the end of levels where the next level is a break.  If you want Event 1 to trigger only when Event 2 doesn't, you need to restrict it like you did Event 2.

If you change Event 1's conditions to:

(state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 6) and nextIsRound

... then it should only fire at the end of levels where the next level is a round, not a break.

MotoguzziF91:
Thanks that works,
 I still have a problem, there are 5 short breaks and 1 dinner break and at the dinner break I want a different announcement than the normal breaks, is that possible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version