Author Topic: buyinChips token shows 0 despite the profile saying 5000  (Read 1219 times)

stickyshed

• View Profile
buyinChips token shows 0 despite the profile saying 5000
« on: March 09, 2023, 09:39:40 AM »
Hi.   I use the buyinChips token within the Tournament Info cell, but it always returns 0 despite me entering a valid profile. To test it's validity, I buy in several players using that profile, and a) the players page shows the correct amount of chips and b) the total stacks token (think it's just called "Stacks" or "stack" also shows the right amount).   Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong?

Here's what it looks like:

<buyin> Buy-in, <rebuyinfo>, <addoninfo>, <bigBlind round="3"> Big Blinds, <buyinChips profileName="100 BB £15 5k chips"> chips

If I remove the profile stipulation, it shows the default profile amount, so it's not like it's completely off the mark...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: buyinChips token shows 0 despite the profile saying 5000
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 04:43:33 PM »
Congrats, you've found a bug.  :)

Looks like this was introduced in version 3.7, as a lot of code had to change due to (FINALLY) getting to upgrade the framework.  I will fix this for the next version.  FYI it's the lookup of the specific profile that fails, so this will work if the profileName attribute is omitted, meaning you can only get the value for the default profile.  All similar tokens have the same issue (buyinFee, buyinChips, buyinPoints, buyinRake, addonFee, addonChips, addonPoints, addonRake, rebuyFee, rebuyChips, rebuyPoints, rebuyRake).

stickyshed

• View Profile
Re: buyinChips token shows 0 despite the profile saying 5000
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 05:12:20 AM »
"Congrats, you've found a bug.  :)"

I demand a full refund, 100% unplayable.

Seriously though thanks for taking the time to look into this. Still far and away the best poker tourney management software out there.