Author Topic: Hello and thank you!  (Read 5264 times)

Blind Joe

• View Profile
Hello and thank you!
« on: December 17, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »
Didn't know where else to post this but I just wanted to say after a couple of years of using an ipad app to run my tournaments I finally downloaded The Tournament Director to see what all the fuss was about. Well, I think you can safely say I am converted  :D

I have spent the last few days exploring the software and reading the manual and while I'm sure there is a hell of a lot I've yet to learn (the versatility and customisations available are like nothing I've seen before) I've more or less got to grips with the basics and plan on using it to run a tournament tomorrow evening.

Now that I have a TV in the "Poker Shack" The Tournament Director seems like the perfect tool for me to take my hosting to the next level.

So.. thanks! I will definitely be buying a licence once my trial runs out and look forward to learning more about the software here on the forums  :)

Blind Joe

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and thank you!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 07:03:16 PM »
Welcome!

For many, a simple app on a mobile device is all that is needed.  I for one definitely recognize that.  But if you want to do more there are lots of applications out there.  Where I think the TD excels is in features and customizations.  My philosophy since the beginning has been to listen to the needs and wants of the folks that use the software, and do my best to tailor the software to fulfill those needs and wants.  It's been over 15 years (omg!) and I still have a long list of stuff I want to include in the software (and will!).  Covid has made development a challenge but version 4 is definitely in the works.  The new framework (starting at version 3.7) has opened up a lot of possibilities and it's a lot of fun to explore what can now be done.

Things are definitely a bit slow around here due to the pandemic.  Poker is a social game and obviously Covid has had a dramatic effect.  But we're still here.  Can't wait for this all to be over.

famous58

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 01:26:41 PM »
Hey Corey,

As a user of TD for 10+ years, I can't thank you enough for all the work that has been put into this amazing application! I was wondering if there is a new version in the works?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 10:10:49 PM »
Thanks!  Yes, there's always a new version in the works, but it is definitely a much slower cycle nowadays.  Finding time to work on the software is becoming harder every day, but I still love to do it so I find time when I can.