Author Topic: Mobile BarCode Scanning  (Read 3813 times)

krafticus

• View Profile
Mobile BarCode Scanning
« on: August 18, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »
I'm new here, and tried searching for this, but haven't been able to find anything.  I see many threads on printing membership cards with bar codes and/or mag strips; however, has anyone been able to set something up so that each player could have the bar code on a phone?  Each player would just need to scan their phone under the scanner, and I (the host) wouldn't need to worry about keeping/maintaining player cards.

Just a thought.  Just purchased the printer and scanner, and can't wait to get it into play soon.  Already created my receipt and tested it successfully.

Thank you.

Mark

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile BarCode Scanning
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 07:13:18 PM »
I definitely have not done this, but what would be different from having a printed barcode?  Most scanners, with the proper lighting/brightness, should be able to scan a barcode on a screen as well as a printed barcode.

krafticus

• View Profile
Re: Mobile BarCode Scanning
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 06:40:20 AM »
I'm thinking about working on a Database / App that would allow players to store their own player cards on their phone, and just pull them up when they get to the game.  One less thing to have to worry about printing and storing.

I have a grand plan, but no expertise on how to implement it.