Author Topic: Disconnected versions on different hard drives  (Read 1383 times)

stickyshed

• View Profile
Disconnected versions on different hard drives
« on: February 24, 2023, 09:13:39 AM »
Hi.  I've used TD for years now, and what's happened is that when a Hard Drive has died, I've just installed on a new one and kept the old one just for data.  As a result, I now have two or more separate locations containing tournament data.

What's the best way to merge them together? I've tried simply copying the .tdt files from one to another so they're all in one place but that doesn't work - should I copy *all* folders and files?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Disconnected versions on different hard drives
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 01:00:17 PM »
I've tried simply copying the .tdt files from one to another so they're all in one place but that doesn't work - should I copy *all* folders and files?

Actually that should work just fine.  If you have saved any custom layouts or templates (rounds, prizes, etc), you may want to copy those items as well.  What didn't work?

The other thing that will be more difficult is if you have players in both databases.  That will be a little more challenging.  If that's the case, we can work through it as well.

stickyshed

• View Profile
Re: Disconnected versions on different hard drives
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 04:47:17 AM »
Yeah copying the .tdt files *did*work, but I couldn't see it.  Basically when I ran the refresh in the stats tab, it was picking up all the games (they showed as "included" in the info screen) but not showing them in the stats. I figured out it was something to do with the players.

So I probably did this the long way around, but I went into each individual game and clicked on each player and got the "this player is not in your database" warning. I added them (or merged them, whichever was appropriate), and then refreshed the stats tab and all the games appeared

PS I know there's an option to "merge players in current tournament into database" and to add them as well, from the side panel, but this didn't seem to work - this is likely because of my own bad organisation.

Ialao had to go into the database and find the player images and copy them in to the "new" database, and associate them with the players, but once again this was likely down to my own  chaotic approach to things lol.

Once again Corey, your help and speedy response is amazing. Really appreciate it.