Author Topic: How to create a ticket to print?  (Read 5062 times)

videocontact

• View Profile
How to create a ticket to print?
« on: April 15, 2022, 10:44:20 AM »
Hello,
I would like to create a ticket that prints when a player pays his buy in.
This ticket must contain my logo, the amount paid and the place assigned to it at the tables.
I would also like a ticket to be printed when a player needs to move to another table and seat.
Is it possible, and if so how do you do it?
I couldn't find an existing model with his information.
Thank you for your help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a ticket to print?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »
I would like to create a ticket that prints when a player pays his buy in.
This ticket must contain my logo, the amount paid and the place assigned to it at the tables.

Preferences tab -> Receipts category.  Here you can turn on/off receipt creation and/or printing for each transaction type.  You'll also find the default (included) template that a receipt is created from.  You can modify the included "generic template" (or copy it and modify it, so your changes aren't accidentally overwritten by a future upgrade, and then simply point to your copy).  You can also create different templates for different transactions.  So if you want your buy-in receipt to be different from your rebuy receipt, you can do that.

The default template is basic HTML, and includes date/time, receipt #, salesperson, etc.  It doesn't have seating (I thought it did but looks like it doesn't) but you can easily add that with <seat>.  There are plenty of other tokens you can put in there.  See the use manual section 35.11 for a list.  And since it's HTML, you can fancy it up any way you want.

I would also like a ticket to be printed when a player needs to move to another table and seat.
Is it possible, and if so how do you do it?
I couldn't find an existing model with his information.
Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately that's a feature that is on my to-do list but has not yet been implemented.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 05:25:52 AM »
thank you for the information.
I managed to make my ticket.
But in fact, taking into account the table number and seat number only works when you take the automatic option of seat designation during the cellar.
There is no way to print this data if we manually place the player, is that correct?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
The receipt should include the player's current seat.  So if you "Auto-seat" the player, the seat should be available on the receipt.  Or if you manually seat the player before buying the player in (by enabling seating of players who are not bought in), the seat should also be available on the receipt.

If you don't auto seat the player and the player is not seated when you buy the player in, then the the seat won't available be on the receipt.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 11:17:33 AM »
thank you for the information.
So to have the seat if you manually place the player on his seat, it will have to be done before validating his purchase.
It will be ideal for the next version, to be able to print the seat of the player at any time.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 05:26:53 PM »
If I understand correctly, you're saying you buy a player in, do not auto seat, and then later manually seat the player?  And you'd like a receipt with seat on it?  If that's the case I don't think this is possible.  When you buy-in, your table/seat is saved with the transaction.  Even if you were to reprint that receipt, it would have the original table/seat the player had at the time of buy-in, which based on your description would be no table or seat since the player wouldn't be seated.

A seating ticket is a good suggestion.  There have been other variations of this suggested.  I'll put it on the todo list.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 03:04:01 AM »
I note the player's Buy In, then manually place the player at a table and seat via the table screen.
Then when I want to print the ticket, there is no table and seat number indicated.

videocontact

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 03:37:33 AM »
I found a somewhat illogical solution.
First I place the player manually at the table and his seat, then I note his Buy In and then when I print the ticket it is in order.
The ideal will be to have in the future, an option which allows to print a ticket with the current table and seat of a player at any time.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 07:04:04 PM »
The ideal will be to have in the future, an option which allows to print a ticket with the current table and seat of a player at any time.

Agreed.